Research Assistant (WRAIR)
6 days left
- Full Time
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), in support of its biomedical research mission, has a requirement to support the Center for Military Psychiatry and Neurosciences (CMPNS) mission to conduct basic and applied research to develop evidence-based strategies to diagnose, prevent, and mitigate the effects of psychological demands, continuous operations, and brain trauma on the health and well-being of Service Members. The position outlined below is in support of the Military Psychiatric Branch.Responsibilities:
- Participates in research and development activities.
- Utilizes established mathematical and scientific techniques to compile and analyze data.
- Writes technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Must be proficient with or willing to learn Statistical Programming for the Social Sciences (SPSS) programming for data manipulation and statistical analyses as well as Remark Office Software for both the creation of surveys and the scanning of surveys.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.