Animal Behavior Research Assistant (WRAIR)
5 days left
- Full Time
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), in support of its biomedical research mission, has a requirement to support the Center for Military Psychiatry and Neurosciences (CMPNS) mission to conduct basic and applied research to develop evidence-based strategies to diagnose, prevent, and mitigate the effects of psychological demands, continuous operations, and brain trauma on the health and well-being of Service Members. The position outlined below is in support of the Behavioral Biology Branch.Responsibilities:
- Conducts testing procedures which may include any of the following: elevated plus maze, acoustic startle, operant conditioning, conditioned suppression, conditioned freezing, auditory and visual discrimination, radial arm maze, motor activity, open field exploration, morris water maze, predator exposure, underwater trauma, novel object recognition and others.
- Communicates and cooperates with Veterinary and animal care support staff to maintain and verify appropriate levels of animal care for all research animals.
- Works primarily in a rodent research laboratory.
- Handles rodents, biological materials and a variety of laboratory equipment.
- Handles other species occasionally, including cat, ferret and snake.
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens, chemical fumes, and other hazardous agents.