Overpressure Field Study for Theoretical and Applied Research Specialist (WRAIR)
7 days left
- Full Time
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), in support of its biomedical research mission, has a requirement to support the Center for Military Psychiatry and Neurosciences (CMPNS) mission to conduct basic and applied research to develop evidence-based strategies to diagnose, prevent, and mitigate the effects of psychological demands, continuous operations, and brain trauma on the health and well-being of Service Members. The position outlined below is in support of the Behavioral Biology Branch.Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to operate research equipment requiring manual dexterity; ability to see small print on a computer monitor; ability to speak clearly; ability to hear.
- Light lifting and moving of equipment may be required.
- Must be capable of moving about and standing for long periods of time during study work shifts.
- Works primarily in a research setting.
- May handle biological materials and will operate lab equipment.
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens, chemical fumes, and other hazardous agents as necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (e.g., Word, proficiency on at least 1 computer-based statistical package)
- Ability to collect and process research data
- Knowledge and ability to create computer database files for the purpose of analyses and archiving
- Ability to oversee multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to develop excellent and professional rapport with research volunteers, research assistants, and other staff members.