Psychophysiology Relationship Investigators (WRAIR)
7 days left
- Full Time
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), in support of its biomedical research mission, has a requirement to support the Center for Military Psychiatry and Neurosciences (CMPNS) mission to conduct basic and applied research to develop evidence-based strategies to diagnose, prevent, and mitigate the effects of psychological demands, continuous operations, and brain trauma on the health and well-being of Service Members. The position outlined below is in support of the Behavioral Biology Branch.Responsibilities:
- Ability to attach psychophysiological equipment (small electrodes, etc.) requiring manual dexterity; ability to see small print on a computer monitor; ability to speak clearly; ability to hear.
- Light lifting and moving of equipment may be required.
- Must be capable of moving about and standing for long periods of time during study work shifts.
- Works primarily in a sleep laboratory or in the field.
- Handles biological materials and lab equipment.
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens, chemical fumes, and other hazardous agents.
- Proficiency in most Windows programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to oversee multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to develop excellent and professional rapport with research volunteers, research assistants, and other staff members.