Systems Security Engineer
6 days left
- Full Time
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of a DOD IA architecture, system, or system component for use within CE (computing environment), NE (network environment), and/or enclave environments. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.