Information Systems Supervisor
- GDIT has an Information Systems Supervisor position available at its Herndon, VA location. The responsibility for this position extends to one or more GDIT offices located in the greater Herndon, VA area, with a diverse IT infrastructure and approximately 800 on-site and 200 remote employees. The technical environment includes Dell servers running MS Server OS 2003/2008/2012/VMWare ESXi/HyperV, Dell switches, and Dell workstations with Windows 7 and Office 2010/2013.The Information Systems Supervisor position is a critical role within the organization. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with above average customer service skills who is working diligently to maintain and constantly enhance the IT infrastructure for the primary Herndon site and local field offices, as well as provide ongoing support to all users.Occasional travel within the United States will be required.MANAGEMENT: Strong leadership skills combined with the ability to prioritize and simultaneously work with multiple assignments. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, customers, peers, and staff. Will supervise assigned IT support staff.CUSTOMER SUPPORT: By far the most important function of the IT group is the ongoing support of our customers. Such support must be provided in highly effective and efficient manner.COMMUNICATIONS: Communicates frequently with on-site senior and executive staff of all IT related initiatives. Keeps IT management informed of all critical site activity.NETWORK DESIGN AND SECURITY: Design, implement, manage, and maintain network and data storage security. Ensures conformance with company policies and procedures. Assists in establishing and implementing
policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure servers are hardened and secure.IT INFRASTRUCTURE: Design, implement, manage, and maintain virtual server architecture to optimize usage of hardware and software.
- The work is typically performed in one or more office environments, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The GDIT office will be a fast paced work environment supporting hundreds of employees primarily working out of cubicles. Some lifting will be required, average is 50 pounds or less. Carts will be provided for heavier items. Some local travel will be required.
- 5-8 years of related information systems experience, and 2-3 years supervisory experience. Strong written and oral communication, and excellent customer server skills are required.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network and server administration and support.
- Effective supervisory skills with ability to lead a team to provide exceptional IT customer service.
- Advanced understanding of groups, rights, permissions and ability to use administration tools to manage user accounts in Microsoft Active Directory
- Ability to provide Level II server and software support
- Intermediate understanding of server security and ability to implement advanced hardening steps
- Intermediate understanding of networking principals and knowledge of Layer 2 switching.
- Knowledge of Citrix, VMWare and/or HyperV would be a plus Must be able to obtain TS/SCI clearance.