- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. Required Skills:
- Active Directory Management
- GPO management
- Windows server 2008\2012
Position will require on call support and occasional night and weekend work. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph if requested. Computing Environment Certifications will be determined at hire and must be obtained within six (6) months of hire. #CJPOST#DPOST
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.