Sr. Statistical Analyst / Research - Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC)
Position Summary: S/he will assist with the DVBIC HQ research division in conducting clinical investigational projects and provides investigational and analytical support to the Division of Research, in support of the development, analysis, interpretation, and management of a variety of research studies or data sources. Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting with the DVBIC HQ research division handling requirements for single or multiple research study/studies/protocols to include source document design, screen testing and approval, data capture, research data set creation and scientific graphics and data analyses. Assists in the preparation of scientific reports/papers. Gathers and analyzes information from users needed for the development or modification of the data collection systems. Assists researchers in retrieving information from databases and other multiple data sources. Provides research and management reports as requested. Provides ad hoc data sets for researchers as required to insure that research needs are being met. Design, develop, obtain funding for, and/or implement research projects in order to contribute to knowledge about health and health care delivery in traumatic brain injury. Disseminate research results through presentations to scientific and professional groups and through publications in scientific and professional journalsPerforms statistical analyses, power analyses, and technical/methodological consultations as needed to support internal and external TBI research stakeholders and assisting in the preparation of any resulting proposals, protocols, manuscripts, posters, or presentations.Provide service to the professional and scientific community through membership on scientific peer review groups and national policy and advisory boards.
- Other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
- Plans data collection, and analyzes and interprets statistical data from surveys, experiments, studies, and other sources.
- Plans methods to collect information and develops questionnaire techniques according to survey design.
- Conducts surveys, evaluates reliability of source information, adjusts and weighs raw data, analyzes and interprets statistics, and organizes results.
- Prepares conclusions and predictions based on data summaries.
- Prepares reports, charts, tables, and other visual aids.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced statisticians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Participates in special projects as required.