Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Responsible for ensuring system availability and reliability for the Global Command and Control System and related systems at the HQ USCENTCOM. Systems to be maintained are on SIPRNet and all coalition networks at both rear and forward headquarters locations. Responsible for Command and Control program support to USCENTCOM’s HQ, CFH, and AOR. Shall prepare reports on status, outage, and performance of current systems and provides assessments of impact of new systems. Manages system administration of all C2 servers and GCCS assets employed at USCENTCOM HQ and CFH. 1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. 2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems. 3. Sets up administrator and service accounts. 4. Maintains system documentation 5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. 6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. 7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. 8. May program in an administrative language. 9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results. 10. Provides advice and training to end-users. 11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Combatant Command experience required. Qualifications 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. Knowledge/Skills:
- GCCS servers with emphasis on communications configuration, track data flow and synchronization of the COP
- Operational experience with GCCS-M, GCCS-A, GCCS-AF, IAS/IOS (Internet Authentication System / Internetwork Operating System) , and/or Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS))
- Installation, administration and maintenance of Solaris and Windows clients and servers.
- UNIX Sybase database administration experience.
- Possess an active DoD 8570 Baseline IAT-II level certification (must possess one of the following: CompTIA A+ ; CompTIA Network+ ; SSCP)
- Extensive experience with GCCS and C2 systems integration in a DoD environment. Extensive UNIX systems administration experience. Experience with major platform migrations to upgrade legacy systems. Experience with systems architecture development. Extensive knowledge and planning skills in the area of system integration testing, C4 applications and networks, such as those employed by HQ USCENTCOM and as described in this PWS. Experience with ADP acquisition planning for major headquarters or regional site for a mid-size corporation. Experience with software test and evaluation plans for major releases of software or upgrade of existing hardware. Design and implementation of COOP sites.