Sr Principal Network Engineer
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Design / implement of complex network solutions / applications including voice and vdi applications. Environments contains both Juniper and Cisco platforms, multiple routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF VLAN extensions, VLAN tagging, PCoIP, VoIP, QOS, GETVPN, VLANs, ACLs, etc
- Advanced troubleshooting of performance problems and network failures in complex networked environments including voice and VDI applications.In depth trouble shooting and configuration of complex data center switching and routing environmentsCreates technical work breakdown structure encompassing technical task sequencing, critical path against timeline for individual execution or for distribution to skilled senior engineering / project management teams. 150 site WAN environments contains multiple data centers.Recommend improvements to the technical environment as appropriate to budget and business needEvaluation, testing and planned deployment of new network technologiesTriage and resolve network issues
- 10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.In depth working knowledge / demonstrated experience with:Enterprise routing including but not limited to BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF with MPLS and GETVPN deploymentsData center/call center enterprise switching and Routing environmentsExperience with Juniper and CISCO Firewalls, switches and routersExperience with Web Proxies; e.g., Ironport, BluecoatExperience with VPN Concentrators; Cisco and PulseSecureNetwork design and troubleshooting for high performance application VoIP, PCoIPNetwork performance measurement and managementApplied network security, web proxy, load balancers, DMZ architecture, perimeter and enclave setup and securityNetwork Traffic EngineeringExperience with Juniper considered advantageous
- Execute high visibility, complex technical problem solving and project work in group or individual situationsLeverage vendor support; eg, CISCO TAC, Juniper JTAC, etc. to get results in complex problem solvingAbility to do accurate, clear and concise network drawings from device configurationsDemonstrated ability to learn quicklyDemonstrated follow thru and attention to detailPositive and enthusiastic attitudeAbility to work under tight deadlines and under pressureAbility to work independently
- Job requires frequent off hours work, occasional travel and the possibility of extend offsite assignmentsUS Citizenship required