Sr Elastic (ELK) Engineer - TS/SCI
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. 1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients. 4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems. 6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. 7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems. 8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance. 9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. 10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities. 11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required. Position Duties and Responsibilities: General Dynamics Information Systems (GDIT) is seeking experienced Elastic (ELK) Engineers/Developers ready to join our team of System Integrators, System Engineers and Software Developers to provide high-profile, large scale AWS-based solutions. The candidate will assist our team with developing Elastic architecture, automating server routines, optimizing system performance, establishing system monitoring, and maintaining established operating systems and system security protocols. The candidate must be able to brief technical solutions to customers and peers.
- Serves as a mid-top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies. Works with various user groups to solve business problems with available technologies. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff. May serve as a technical task or project leader. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise. Participates in special projects as required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Linux or ELK stack skills.Strong scripting skills using languages (i.e. Ruby, Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)Experience collaborating with and/or partnering with infrastructure service providersUnderstanding of government ICD 503 system security accreditation (C&A/A&A) procedures
- Understanding of Government best practices with regards to AWS systems development processes
- Basic understanding of software/application development processesExperience building EC2 instances for development, test, and production environmentsExperience building sophisticated and automated infrastructure.Experience with JSON, HTML, ArcSight ESM suite.Experience developing and maintaining auto scaling and elastic load balancing (ELB) capabilitiesUnderstanding of access management and security groups (i.e. LDAP, 1AM, S3 bucket, CloudTrail, SSH, VPN, etc.)Knowledge of AWS system monitoring, notifications, and logging tools (i.e. Icinga, CloudWatch, Trivoli, Vegas, CloudFront, Logstash, etc.)AWS, Linux, or ELK Certification