DMOC IDE Network Manager
Manages the network administration and support operations for a major Division or customer, including supervising assigned professional and support staff. 1. Manages the administration and support of complex local and wide area networks. 2. Supervises assigned staff, which may include subordinate supervisors, in support of company/customer's networked and stand-alone computer users and systems. 3. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services. 4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications. 5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives. 6. Studies and projects network support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes recommendations to management. 7. Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software. 8. Recommends new hardware and software as needed. 9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 10. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications
- 8-10 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
- IA baseline certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M.
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment.
- Experience creating and manipulating IS/IPS rulesets.
- Experience installing and supporting cryptographic equipment.
- Experience installing network equipment
- COMSEC account management experience.