Sr Analyst, Info Security
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. 1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents. 2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation. 3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. 4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk. 5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems. 6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls. 7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices. 8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance. 9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results. 10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 12. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. Qualifications 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration. The Security Specialist provides Joint Deployable Intelligence Support System (JDISS) Field Engineer Support. Support is for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) infrastructure and enterprise. Possess a high level of expertise in performing network security and information assurance management services and general Information Technology (IT) Management for DoD Intelligence Information System (DoDIIS) and Intelligence Community (IC) standards, processes, and programs. Support of network accreditation actions and the development and maintenance of the LAN network certification and accreditation documentation.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and malicious code analysis, recommending risk mitigation measures and evaluating selected products for network defense and lA capabilities; ·
- Develop or update a network disaster recovery plan;
- Develop a variety of reports based on the information gathered.
- Coordinate and perform lAVA and other security patching and upgrading actions on JDISS baseline server and client systems;
- Applying Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs) settings and remediation actions;
- Performing physical security checks of local systems and networks;
- Implementing, performing and reporting on protective measures deployed on the system;
- Evaluating and remedying any local intrusion detection alerts if these systems are put in place.
- Providing copies of log files, user activities and general data retrieval.