Sr Engineer, Network
7 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks. 1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices. 2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments. 3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements. 4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed. 5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users. 6. May perform network administration duties. 7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel. 8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 9. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications 5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration. As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Specific Examples of Responsibilities
- Manage local JWICS network infrastructure hardware and software to include, but not be limited to, routers and switches; · ·
- Upgrade BIOS firmware and Operating System software on local network infrastructure devices;
- Configure and deploy new network infrastructure devices as required;
- Maintain router and network topology;
- Provide JWICS network IP addressing and DNS configuration management;
- Assist personnel performing local JWICS network cable plant and patch panel maintenance, installation or upgrades.
- Perform site surveys, deploy network, server and client infrastructure and provide these services for future networks.