Cyber Security Lead
7 days left
- Full Time
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Serve as Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense (IA/CND) Lead to support Command Security Policy, Automated Information Systems (AIS) accreditation, risk assessments and reviews for SABI and related security evaluation activities in the support of HQ USCENTCOM C4 initiatives. Lead shall serve as the IA POC for new iniatives, programs and systems, hardware and/or software being brought into the purview of the USCENTCOM site accreditation(s), HQ IA/CND policy guidance, HQ IA/CND user awareness training, and HQ IA/CND tactics, techniques and procedures for responding, preventing, and/or reacting to security alerts, incidents, or compromises. 1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents. 2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation. 3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. 4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk. 5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems. 6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls. 7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices. 8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance. 9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results. 10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities. 11. May serve as a technical team or task leader. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. Qualifications 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.Experience with the following:
- Development of Defensive Information Operations (DIO) and AIS accreditation and security policy
- In-depth understanding of incident handling and response techniques, DoD defense-in-depth architecture, DoD IA policies and mandates, NSA best security practices, and current threats and attack vectors in order maintain secure systems in support of day-to-day operations for all headquarters enclaves.
- Current Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification.
- SME for key areas of IA/CND, which include security accreditation for all networks and systems IAW DoD RMF methodology, policy development consistent with DoD policy and industry best security practices, incident handling and response activities and associated standard operating procedures, and user security awareness training.
- Experience performing AIS security audits.
- Experience performing a variety of network security accreditation and policy support tasks, including project management support services.
- Experience performing security design, testing, and implementation requirements of integrated networks including hardware, software and port facilities.
- Experience performing DIO accreditation/AIS security support.
- Experience performing audits for servers to include auditing reports.
- Experience performing configuration management intrusion detection, anomaly detection, and VPN systems.
- Experience performing configuration management for firewalls.
- Experience performing IA user training. Produce training material and monthly reports.
- Experience performing IA research and inspections.
- Providing guidance and implementation recommendations for security enhancements.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.