SQL Database Administrator
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, and management of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012 and SSRS. The position requires a strong understanding of database schema objects management, data modeling, and architecture. The position will also require:
- facilitating, implementing, monitoring, and testing database backups and recovery methodologies and processes.
- monitoring and optimizing the performance of the production SQL server databases.
- be responsible for database security, integrity, reliability, high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- identifying and troubleshooting database issues and the ability to analyze, design, build, test and implement solutions. Implement and troubleshoot triggers, views, stored procedures and data integrity constraints.
- Monitoring file system space, database allocation, verify efficient use of disk storage, optimize space allocation, prevent out-of-space situations, and proactively plan for increased capacity and scalability.
- Participating in non-core business hours monthly patching. Provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Expert understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL).
- Experience with virtual environments (preferably Hyper-V) and SQL clustered environments.
- Experience with SQL server replication topologies. Exposure to Resource Governor, Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler and Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor.
- the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment that requires team interaction and coordination across multiple information technology teams.
- excellent communication skills to include technical writing and the ability to work in a collaborative team.
- Strong experience with Oracle 11g/12c and Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014Experience with ESRI , ARCGISExperience in a Windows 2008 / Windows 7 development environmentExperience with Object Oriented programming languages such as C#Experience with virtual environments and clustered environments. Ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience; be detail oriented; and prioritize and complete assigned tasks within required deadlines.Self-starter, self-directed with the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.Prior military or special operations experiences preferred.Exceptional problem solving and decision making capabilities to include troubleshooting technical issues, resolving project issues and challenges, understanding user requirements and developing creative solutions for process improvement.