Infrastructure Engineering and Installation Specialist - TS/SCI - Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5 days left
- Full Time
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks. 1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques. 2. Installs and configures network hardware and software. 3. Provides network troubleshooting and support. 4. Provides technical support and training to end-users. 5. Administers network security. 6. Backs up file server data/disks. 7. Provides complex server maintenance. 8. Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network. 9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities. 10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 11. Participates in special projects as required. Contract Requires:
- Follow all EIA/TIA Industry Standards, Air Force Standards, Wright-Patterson AFB Base Facility Standards, Tempest Regulations, and policies, processes and procedures.Work with government Network and Facility IT Service Owners to design, plan, and coordinate all internal (aka premises) cable plant installations.Install premises fiber infrastructure cabling by using CPCTcertified technicians to ensure all applicable regulations and standards arefollowedServe as a Subject Matter Expert to the customer and its designated representatives on all network installation projects.Document all work using the generated Incident and Service Requests system (i.e. Microsoft System Center Service Manager) and provide documentation and accountability to install and maintain data communication infrastructure.Install IT equipment in the data center and CERs following all applicable standards.Ensure IT equipment is connected to specific security levels, documented and labeled as prescribed to the customer Network Installation Standards.Remove unused network cabling following applicable standards.Document cabling according to applicable standards.Review and place Installation Orders and User Requirements on the operations calendar to ensure installation requirements are met and tasks do not overlap with other facility requirements.Provide input to Daily Logs, Weekly Reports, and Monthly Reports on all network tasks performed, man hours used and parts usageAssist customer personnel to maintain Courtesy Storage Facility parts inventory by logging all parts received and removed by technicians.Work with the Data Center personnel to ensure proper infrastructure is in place for all equipment.Maintain Communications Equipment Rooms to ensure all standards are followed.Install, route, and dress fiber segments needed to facilitate the upgrade to the customer complex.Label and document all installations in accordance with customer prescribed practices.Perform fiber, cable, and computer system installation for all customer networks such as JWICS, SIPRNet and NIPRNet.Terminate all fiber using up to three different UNICAM connectors (SC, ST, and LC).Pull fiber up through preinstalled conduit and cable trays.Terminate fiber at IDF/MDF patch panels, switches, fiber patch boxes, and zip runs.Perform hardware configurations/installations in accordance with applicable standards.Install racks and equipment in the customer Data Center and mux rooms in accordance with applicable standards.Troubleshoot network issues.Identify cabling issues/breaks.Re-terminate fiber optics and cat5/cat6 cabling.Repair and maintain network equipment.Relocate IT for customers from old locations to new locations.Install/remove desktop computers and peripheral equipmentPrepare estimates on time and material required for Network and Facility IT Projects.Manage and schedule a crew of installation and repair technicians.Work with customer and designated representatives to schedule and execute facility construction and maintenance activities.Maintain list of equipment associated with this functional area.Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month.Provide weekly status reports on all installation projects and incident request resolution.Provide bi-annual reports on overall infrastructure status and include recommendations to improve infrastructure based on industry best practices.
- Possess industry recognized fiber-optic certification to include:
- Ability to climb ladders and pull cabling without difficulty.
- At least five years of experience on managing IT project teams.
- Experience Reading Blue Prints, Maps and other Facility Documentation.
- At least three years of relevant technical experience in the areas of installation, operations, and maintenance of hardware.
- Experience in design and installation of structured cable systems.
- CompTIA A+ certification