Summary: The Information Analyst supports the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), Division of Children’s Services, in Washington, DC. This role is responsible for the overall development of rules and methods for data collection, as well as fulfilling data request.
- Develop rules and methodologies for data collection and analysisReceive, collate, and store diverse data sets from field and headquarters staffPerform qualitative and quantitative analysis and interpretation of diverse data setsUse data analysis tools (such as SAS, MS Excel and Access) to write queries and run various reportsProvide technical assistance, training, and support to field and headquarters staff on data issuesRespond to and fulfill data requests from internal and external agenciesPrepare presentations that reflect the results of data analysis and trend analysisProvide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to management teamWork closely with agency management and data technologists on data storage and data quality issuesWork effectively with many stakeholders to identify solutions to any data/system problem at hand.Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assignedParticipate in special projects as required
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of the principals, methods, and techniques used in statistical/data analysis
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Expert user of MS Office (Excel and Access) and other statistical/analytical tools
- Expert user of MS SharePoint