Principal Java Software Engineer
- General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Principal Java Software Engineer along the Gulf Coast in New Orleans; LA.
- Participates in the design; development; analysis; and implementation of software operating systems and software application programs
- Works under general supervision; performs software operating systems and application engineering; including full life cycle design and development
- Works from specifications to develop and modify operating systems and software applications; participates in the design; coding; testing; debugging; and documentation of programs; participates in the definition of limited design specifications and parameters; assists engineers or analysts with the hardware/software integration of the application or utility into software operating systems
- Analyzes system architecture requirements; performs requirements acquisition and definition and data analysis; may customize purchased applications; performs technical and subject matter research on emerging technologies to determine impacts on application execution; analyzes and documents client needs and requirements
- Participates in the writing; modifying; and maintaining technical documentation and specifications such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials; performs integration testing and support of various computer operating and/or network systems
- Troubleshoots and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues; maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned; participates in special projects as required.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
- Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures; identify problems; and document specific requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as users' manuals; product specifications; and training materials.
- Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products; analyzes test results; and corrects problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Reviews and evaluates software products; systems; and documentation to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards as a member of an Agile Scrum Team.
Working Conditions: The work is typically performed in an office environment; which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. General Dynamics Information Technology; Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #eg