Sr Systems Administrator with TS/SCI clearance
GENERAL SUMMARY: Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers, network and storage devices running on one or more operating systems. This position requires shift work for manning a 24x7 monitoring operations center. The shift for this opening is 6PM to 6AM. (Sunday - Wednesday). PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems using common system monitoring tools.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users on a daily basis to assist with functionality and provide situational awareness of ongoing issues.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Provides advice and training to end-users for remote access usage.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in a network/system administration related support role.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support.
- Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products.
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Knowledge of basic networking principles (routing, DNS, etc.) and/or system administration (perfmon, services, software installation, etc.) desired.
- Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring technologies (BMC BEM/SIM/BPPM, HP NNM, CA eHealth, etc.) and ITSM suites (Remedy, Siebel, HP Service Desk, etc.) desired.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies strongly desired: *Microsoft Exchange (2010 preferred) - recipient administration, server administration, monitoring, break-fix, OWA *Netbackup - monitoring scheduled backup jobs, restarting backups, executing restores, verification of backup data integrity *SAN/NAS - monitoring status, basic troubleshooting, space allocation *Virtualization - monitoring or supporting virtual servers and desktops using Citrix and VMWare *Imagery libraries and imagery exploitation systems - Troubleshooting imagery flow, systems interfaces, availability of images and throughput of imagery systems *Experience in technical operations at DOD agencies, particularly NCE and DIA