Lead Communications Engineer
The Lead Communications Engineer is responsible for leading enterprise engineering efforts for communications supporting HQ Tampa and CFH locations. This includes management of personnel supporting enterprise Telephony, SATCOM, Audio/Visual, Data Networks, and Cybersecurity Engineering requirements.It is required that the Lead Communications Engineer has the following qualifications:
- Demonstrates experience supervising technical personnel in an enterprise communications environment.Demonstrates experience leading the evaluation, design, and implementation of enterprise communications technologies across geographically dispersed networks. Demonstrates experience with designing, integrating, monitoring and maintaining interconnected networks, both LAN and WAN.Demonstrates experience with network architecture development and design.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Possess at least one of the following industry certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCSE, CCNA Security, CISSP.
- JIST databasePPSMDoD Information Technology Portfolio RepositoryDoD Information Technology SIPRNet RegistryeMASSFISMA