Sr Network Engineer and Architect
7 days left
- Full Time
The ENTN Network Engineer will serves as the primary person responsible for the installation; configuration; troubleshooting; and maintenance of the current transport. This also includes the configuration; maintenance; troubleshooting; and back-end management of all network devices. Provides full life-cycle support for all network services; including the installation; tuning; testing; monitoring; operation; maintenance; upgrading; patching; break/fix; and management of network devices. Serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems. Responsibilities:
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Service provisioning; installation; maintenance; and management of the mobile communications packages; equipment; and software itself within and between the facilities
- Establish relationships with government network architects and counterparts across the SOCOM Information Enterprise.
- Coordination with vendors for new technology.
- Maintenance of current technology.
- Maintain/update documentation for all aspects of network transport falling under your responsibility.
- Coordinate with CNCC to identify and track kit issues.
- Support requires minimal on-call support during nights and weekends due to criticality of supported resources.
- This position may require shift and weekend work
- This position may require deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations worldwide; and may include hazardous duty areas
- Deployments can be of a duration of up to 180 days; this position typically deploys on an as-required basis
- The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology; or related field
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- Applicable IT industry-recognized DoDD 8570 certification required
- Advanced and specialized training in networks/systems administration/network administration.
- Demonstrated proficiency in layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing; design of complex routing and switching schemes to support changing environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in EIGRP; STP; VTP; ACLs; and Layer 3 tunnels and must understand how to monitor network devices to perform fault and root cause analysis.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Special Operations community; operations; processes and culture.
- Familiarity with military deployed environments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles; methods; and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers; switches; patch panels; concentrators; associated terminals; and related network hardware and software.