As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in Tomcat administration and support.Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in Apache administration and support.Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in Weblogic administration and support.Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in Jboss administration and support.Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in AWS Cloud administration and support.Knowledge of related hardware and software.WebSphere Administration knowledge desirable.Experience IBM HTTP desirable.MQ Experience desirable.Experience with source code control systems (MKS, Jenkins, GitHub) desireable.Experience with UNIX/Linux/Solaris operating systems and shell scripting desirable.Excellent communication skills, team oriented, self-motivated, and has the ability to work unattended.May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.