Principal Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Engineer
The Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Engineer shall perform design, implementation, and configuration of virtualized and physical IT architectures supporting Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates as an infrastructure engineering representative on engineering teams for the design; development; implementation and/or integration of secure networking, computing, storage and virtualization environments.Participates as an infrastructure engineering representative on engineering teams for the design; development; implementation and/or integration of IT architectures; systems; or system components.Design, install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere, vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations, and NSX).Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standardsDevelop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environmentDiagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft and Linux O/SSupports security planning; assessment; risk analysis; and risk managementDevelop server/system migration strategies and processes for virtualized and non-virtualized environments.Interacts with the customer and other project team membersPerforms system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves; to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Demonstrated experience with VMware vSphere products and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with VMware vRealize Automation and Operations products and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with VMware NSX products and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints for use with a VMware vRA solution (vRA, Orchestrator)
- Demonstrated understanding of server virtualization concepts.
- Prior experience deploying blade and rack mounted server product sets.
- Demonstrated understanding of block and file-based storage system concepts.
- Prior experience with storage-area-network based replication products and technologies.
- Prior experience deploying backup and recovery products.
- Demonstrated understanding of layer 2/3 networking technologies and concepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of storage-area-network products and technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of backup, recovery, and replication technologies for virtualized environments.
- Prior experience creating documentation for server virtualization environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to define and refine server virtualization requirements for customer environments.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers and external teams to gather critical project information.