Principal Network Engineer
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems and networks.
- Performs complex systems and network development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs network modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system and network additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems, firmware, and networks.
- Designs systems and network enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems and networks.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems and networks meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system and network problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system and network specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems and network engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.