Summer Intern- Water/Wastewater Engineer
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking a water/wastewater intern for the summer of 2017 to work on a variety of water related projects in our Baltimore, MD office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems.
- Design water collection, storage and distribution systems as well as water treatment systems.
- Design wastewater collection and transmission systems as well as wastewater treatment systems.
- Conduct alternative technology evaluations.
- Perform hydraulic modeling, prepare specifications and design calculations and prepare technical memoranda.
- Observing construction projects and reporting on progress.
- B.S. in Civil, Environmental or related Engineering is required.
- 0-2 year of experience required.
- Previous internship experience in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft office is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and posses excellent interpersonal skills.
- E.I.T. registration is a plus.