Guest Advisor (Sales Associate)
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We're making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Provide guests with exceptional customer service by being the subject matter expert on all products, nutrition, services, in-store promotions, local community events and other areas of animal care and wellness. Promotes the guest experience journey and a culture that consistently delivers the Petco guest brand experience. Through the lens of our Petco Co-Values, the Guest Experience Leader will be the catalyst, champion, and role model for all relationship building touch points with Petco guests. Mentors all store partners in the delivery of GUEST+ engagements to support and drive guest experiences and create Petco Promoters. Ensures the health, welfare and proper care of all live animals. The Guest Advisor may be a 'key holder' and Leader on Duty (LOD) on a limited basis as needed.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
- Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
- Acts as a personal shopper/information center for customers as they enter the store and be 100% focused on customer service.
- Provides quick and courteous service to all Petco guests and their pets, by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services.
- Maintains knowledge of pet-related events/resources and related costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendly hotels, etc.
- Maintains job related knowledge and express a passion about animal welfare and display integrity in the work area.
- Maintains familiarity of all new products and services in order to be able to engage with customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
- Responds to inquiries politely and professionally regarding products, services and pricing via the telephone.
- Informs guests of upcoming adoption events and explain our Think Adoption First philosophy.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise of all Partners in order to reference them as a resource as needed, to deliver an optimal the guest experience.
- Maintains familiarity with current store promotions and special services.
- Maintains currency of seasonal training activities, such as flea and tick periods, pet summer safety, holiday promotions, etc. when applicable.
- Provides quick and courteous service to all customers by utilizing GUEST+ engagements
- Ensures Petco operational standards are maintained throughout the store.
- Ensures that the store is opened and / or closed as a 'key holder' in