HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
- Holds or is eligible for endorsement as a high school principal
- Has experience as a Teacher, Assistant Principal, or Principal on the high school level, or equivalent administrative experience
- Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, and parents
The High School Principal provides leadership for the school staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive educational program and to administer the program in accordance with School Board Policies and Administrative Regulations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides an instructional program consistent with the goals and objectives of the School Division provides for the continuing development and implementation of an effective instructional program through classroom supervision and instructional leadership; works with the school staff and community to maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning and appropriate student behavior; utilizes available supervisory personnel to ensure an effective instructional program
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of each member of the school staff and establishes individual programs for improvement consistent with the Division's staff development objectives; advises the Personnel office of staff needs and participates in the recruitment, employment, assignment, promotion, transfer, non-renewal, and dismissal of licensed and classified personnel
- Fosters effective home-school communication by providing opportunities for parents and teachers to discuss student progress and other matters of mutual concern and by encouraging community involvement in school activities
- Devises and administers a school budget, utilizing all available funds, which is consistent with Division instructional and administrative goals; supervises the maintenance of accurate bookkeeping records and the accounting of school funds
- Exercises leadership in the development, implementation, and interpretation of Division and School Board Policies and Regulations
- Keeps abreast of developments in High School education and in the field of education generally by participating in professional enrichment activities
- Performs related work as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
The High School Principal reports to the Division Superintendent through the Director of High School Education and the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
THIS POSTING IS OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 6
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -