Sales Store Checker-OC-1868637-DE
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) mission is our people. It is DeCAs goal to have a workforce that is representative of the nations diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
The DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products at cost to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. The agency employs about 18,000 people and its annual sales exceed $6 billion. Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
- Not Required
To qualify for this position, applicants must possess six months of general experience OR one year of education beyond the high school level OR a qualifying combination of experience and education by the closing date of this announcement.
General experience is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of Sales Store Checker.
Appropriate education may be substituted for or combined with experience. This education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx for more information.Transcripts must be provided if you are using education to qualify. Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts as long as they contain the applicant's name, the name of the school, the date and degree that was awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received by this office no later than 11:59PM EST on the closing date in order to be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Work Schedule: Part Time (hours may vary)
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: ARE NOT Authorized
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes, however some locations may be excluded.
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Physical Requirements: Work requires standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 25 pounds independently and occasionally over 25 pounds with assistance, twisting, bending, and manual dexterity.
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov for more information.
- Obligated Position: As Applicable
- This announcement establishes a pool of candidates to fill future positions. We accept applications continuously during the open period of this announcement. We review applications and refer candidates for selection consideration as vacancies occur within the organization.
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement upon its closing for up to 90 days.
- Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in you being removed from consideration for this position.
- Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year probationary period.
- If you are selected for this position you will be asked to submit the OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment. This form may be submitted with your application and other supporting documents.
- The salary range listed does include locality pay.
Public Trust - Background Investigation