The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) mission is our people. It is DeCAs goal to have a workforce that is representative of the nations diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
The DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products at cost to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. The agency employs about 18,000 people and its annual sales exceed $6 billion.
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
- Not Required
Per OPM Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c/index.asp, the applicant's experience, education and training must show enough knowledge, skills and abilities to demonstrate the potential to successfully perform the duties of the position. Under this system, how applicants gained their skill and knowledge or the length of time they have spent in a line of work are not as important as the fact that they have the required ability or potential to do the job. This job has one critical element, called the screen-out element (SOE). In order to be considered minimally qualified for the Store Worker position(s), applicants must meet the screen out element. Applicants who clearly fail to meet the lowest acceptable requirements in the SOE will be rated ineligible without further review of their application.
- Examples of qualifying experience include:
- Ensuring the proper care and handling of resale grocery items.
- Locating items for customers.
- Rotating stock, stacking containers and participating in inventories.
- Operating a computer system to calculate prices and label merchandise.
- Arranging stock on shelves and in displays.
Conditions of Employment:
- Work Schedule: Part Time (hours may vary)
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: ARE NOT Authorized
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes, however some locations may be excluded.
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Physical Requirements: Work requires standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 25 pounds independently and occasionally over 25 pounds with assistance, twisting, bending, and manual dexterity.
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov for more information.
- Obligated Position: As Applicable
- This announcement establishes a pool of candidates to fill future positions. We accept applications continuously during the open period of this announcement. We review applications and refer candidates for selection consideration as vacancies occur within the organization.
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement upon its closing for up to 90 days.
- Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in you being removed from consideration for this position.
- Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year probationary period
- If you are selected for this position you will be asked to submit the OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment. This form may be submitted with your application and other supporting documents.
Public Trust - Background Investigation