Enterprise Service Desk Specialist II
7 days left
- Full Time
Enterprise Service Desk Specialist II
Location: Huntsville, Al or Fort Worth, TX
Secret Clearance required
Under general supervision, conduct operations in support of the Enterprise Service Desk and existing non-local Service Desks, develop scripts, analyze tailored reports, review and correlate audits, conduct Tier 1 and higher tiered analysis in response to Service Desk escalation, monitor tickets to correlate events and incidents for maintaining overall required levels of performance of Information Technology Services. Perform patching of ticket management system and perform Remedy System Administration. Experience using Remedy. Certification preferred in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Primary support and interface to ensure all Service Desk resources are utilized in the most efficient manner. Assists the with daily functions of computer, network and software management for all users.
- Provides immediate response to all customers who contact the Enterprise Service Desk. Person to person interaction involves troubleshooting, information exchange and help with ticket submission and issues. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Provides telephone customer support for incoming and follow up calls used for initial troubleshooting.
- May be required to work for 12 hour shifts utilizing Remedy call management software and other tools, to log and manage trouble tickets. Must have the technical ability to accurately determine call routing for trouble tickets that cannot be resolved immediately at the Service Desk.
- Troubleshoots Microsoft OS issues on Army Gold Master/Universal Gold Master along with setup and Microsoft Office 2007. Troubleshoots all other site authorized software with USACE and users.
- Creates logon and email accounts using Microsoft Exchange Server and User Manager. Manages Network Services with Server Manager, Print Queue Management and CISCO VMPS Administration.
- Works within a small continuous improvement focused team. Tracks and documents work performed to allow accurate reporting of all Enterprise Service Desk activities. Completes all tasks and assignments as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Desktop computer, printer/copier, digital sender, telephones, Remedy 7.6, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Print Queue Management, Army Gold Master/Universal Gold Master, Microsoft Office with a focus on Outlook 2007, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Working environment will be in an open office area.
Individual must be able to lift up to 20 lbs unassisted. Personnel will also be required to sit and talk on the phone for long periods of time.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High school diploma or GED. Graduate of military or technical courses in the field of Information Technology. This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level I certification and corresponding Computing Environment (CE) certification. Must have at least one of the following 8570 certifications: BMC Remedy Administrator: BMC Remedy IT Service Management, BMC Remedy AR System, MCP, MTA, MCTS, MCSA System Administrator: Windows Server 2003, MCITP Support Technician: Windows 7, MCITP Server Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Enterprise Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Virtualization Administrator Windows Server 2008 R2, MCSA Windows Server 2008, MCSA Windows Server 2012, MCSE Server Administrator: Windows Server 2003, MCSE Desktop Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Private Cloud 2012, Server+, VCP 4, VCP 5.
Must have minimum of seven (7) years experience in a Service Desk environment. A certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is desirable, as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Ability to work on a team.
Have outstanding customer service skills and work with customers at various knowledge levels.
Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.