Location: Huntsville, AL, or Vicksburg, MS, or Portland, Oregon
Secret clearance required
Under general supervision, creates software deployment packages and updates for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment, utilizing such tools as Fexera Admin Studio, Install Shield and Wise Package Studio. Works on moderately complex applications. Confers with hardware and software vendors to determine solutions. Develops and execute test plans prior to software deployment. Maintains documentation of all custumizations and changes made during the packaging process. Presents materials and presentations relating to software packages to end users and management.
Works closely with a variety of customers including; Infrastructure technical resources, Application technical resources, end users, vendor sales/infrastructure professionals.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: .
- Work with different hardware and software vendors to determine solutions
- Create software deployment and update packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment
- Develop, maintain and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including; Internet Explorer, FireFox and Chrome in a Windows environment.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Communicate technical problems and proposed solutions and/or options for solutions fluently to management
- Develop and execute test plans for software development
- Develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive IT documentation
- Document all customizations and changes made during the packaging process
- Present software packaging materials to end users and management
- Coordinate and facilitate cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments
- Work independent, and/or within a team environment, to accomplish assignments
- Performs other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Working environment will be standard office environment.
Working environment will be standard office environment. Individual should be able to lift up to 40 lbs unassisted.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of experience, or 6+ years of relevant experience
Minimum of 2 years recent experience packaging applications and application updates using Fexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio. Solid understanding of Networking in an TCP/IP WAN environment is a plus. Experience or knowledge of Power Shell and/or VB Scripting. Experience with remote access tools, including RDP, NetMeeting and Windows Desktop Sharing.
- Process development and execution
- Thorough understanding of application installation on a Microsoft Windows platform
- Strong analytical and execution skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Active Directory and/or Microsoft Registry and ability to query or modify settings
- Knowledge of MS Windows Server and desktop Operating Systems
- Experience with App-V or Vitalizing applications
- Strong development experience, especially scripting and packaging
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment and networks