Software Developer II, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI) - Georgetown University
7 days left
- Full Time
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Software Developer II, Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI) - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown's Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics (ICBI) was launched in 2012 as an academic hub for innovative research in the field of biomedical informatics - a specialization of bioinformatics - with the goal of enabling more individualized approaches to health care based on patient genetics. ICBI's mission is to enhance translational research at Georgetown University Medical Center and, in turn, attract and educate the next generation of scientists and physicians for which biomedical informatics will be an integral part of both biomedical research and clinical practice.
The Software Developer II provides development for multiple software applications in high volume and complex data intensive environments. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Establishes consistent data definitions.
- Ensures integrity of underlying data models.
- Monitors/audits the overall data quality, per the requirements of supported research projects and Center Director.
- Builds sustainable infrastructure, automation, and information visualization capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1 year of professional work experience related directly to the job requirements
- 1 year experience in developing Business Intelligence applications, dashboards and data driven web applications
- Knowledge of data analysis, business intelligence software applications and dashboards development
- Solid experience in Database management systems - Oracle, MS SQL, and /or MySQL - and using at least one of the Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools - for example, Kettle, InfoSphere DataStage, Informatica, or similar platforms
- Experience with at least one of the Business Intelligence Suites - SAP BO, Pentaho, SSAS, and/or Cognos
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.