VOC (Video Operations Center) Technician III
Video Operations Center (VOC) Technician III
AboutWeb is currently seeking a Mid-Level Video Teleconferencing Specialist who will work as a member of a Video Operations Center to perform technical duties related to administration and end-user support for VTC infrastructure, endpoint devices and video streaming
Required skills are as follows:
- Experience with Tandberg/Cisco Video Teleconferencing Architecture to include infrastructure equipment configuration and dial plan infrastructure
- Infrastructure equipment to include MPS MCUs, VCS Control, VCS Expressway, ISDN Gateways, and Tandberg Management System (TMS)
- Experience with video streaming (live and on demand streaming)
- Experience specifically with VBrick Video Streaming solution (VBrick VEMS, Encoders, Video On Demand Server(VODS))a plus
- Knowledge of multicast routing and protocols (ROUTING: PIM Sparse Mode, PIM Dense Mode, PROTOCOLS: IGMP, MSDP)
- Candidate must have the ability to remotely troubleshoot Tandberg VTC units located at the various sites around the country.
- Candidate must have the ability to use TMS software to setup and configure Video Teleconference units, upgrade phone books, and firmware on both Tandberg and Polycom VTC units.
- Candidate will be required to perform required maintenance of all VTC equipment including patching, upgrades.
- Candidate will be required to development Engineering Change Plans (ECP's) and Standard Operating (SOP) Procedures for VTC equipment.
- Candidate will be required to configure and install Tandberg Equipment (VCS Gatekeepers, Codian MCU, TMS, Content Server, and Tandberg VTC Units.
- Candidate consults with client(s) and internal engineering groups to create and/or review requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs.
- Candidate will be required to analyze forecast numbers and models to forecast traffic requirements and capital costs for system.
- Candidate will assist with developing and overseeing the adherence to maintenance and performance standards of data, voice or video network hardware and systems.
- Candidate shall provide assistance in the scheduling, planning, coordinating, and operation of VTC equipment.
- Candidate will require expert technical knowledge related to configuration and installation of VTC devices including: MCU, gatekeeper, border controller, management server, endpoint units.
- Candidate will provide support for all hardware and software related requirements for various VTC sites, including room-based VTC systems and desktop VTC units.
Required experience / skills / certifications:
- Top Secret clearance or a Secret with an SSBI (IT-1 required)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Collaboration at plus
- Security+CE required
- 3-7 years of experience