Accounting Manager (WP) (811-679)
Summary of the Position:
The Accounting Manager is a new and critical role within USP’s Global Finance team reporting directly to the Director of Accounting. He/she will be primarily responsible for assisting management with streamlining and centralizing accounting processes, procedures and controls as well as reviewing advanced accounting tasks with respect to balance sheet verification and validation. In addition, he/she will be responsible for researching and documenting all technical accounting positions and analyses for the organization’s complex areas as well as future business scenarios/contracts. The Accounting Manager will proactively monitor and perform impact analyses with respect to any new or changing accounting standards along with other regulatory developments. He/she will consult often with relevant stakeholders including the CFO, external and internal auditors, business unit management, treasury, and corporate development/strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliation preparation, quality review and approval.
- Analyze and communicate opportunities for accounting and process improvements.
- Assist with design, implementation and maintenance of an effective internal control environment.
- Maintain, update and evaluate new and existing corporate accounting policies.
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly / quarterly reporting packages, including, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow.
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting and external reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions as well as general corporate accounting matters.
- Analyze contracts and transactions to determine the accounting treatment in accordance with US GAAP.
- Actively research new and existing accounting standards and ensure that the company and all subsidiaries are in compliance with the accounting standards, including preparation of related memoranda ensuring appropriate accounting for actual and proposed transactions.
- Interact with external auditors to ensure compliance with technical accounting issues.
- Educate Global Finance on recent or changing accounting standards.
- Lead and/or work collaboratively with cross functional teams to implement new accounting standards.
- Lead or complete ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned by management team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related business discipline and work experience
- CPA Certification Required.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of professional accounting experience;Experience with Big 4 or other public accounting firms, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and FASB regulations in addition to a proven ability to develop technical memos.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (word, Excel Access and PowerPoint).
- Experience with major ERP systems (Oracle e-Business Suite and Hyperion Planning and Reporting highly desired).
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a cross functional, team oriented environment at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, trustworthiness, and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Supervisory experience, preferred.Be a team player with proven ability to influence others and lead project teams.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular