Research Specialist II, Molecular Oncology - Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Research Specialist II - Medical Center, Molecular Oncology
The Research Specialist II is responsible for drafting and maintaining animal care and use protocols, although the final versions are edited by the PI. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Animal care, treatments, measurements, imaging, dissection, preparation of tissues for protein/RNA analysis
- Preparation of cells and analysis of cells for proteins
- Maintenance of records, animal care and use documents
- Master's degree
- Minimum of 2 years animal experience
- Experience in animal handling, prefer both rats and mice, for advanced trials
- Experience with imaging using IVIS and MRI helpful
- Strong organizational skills are criticalExperience with on-line databases important
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.