Postdoctoral Candidate, Department of Microbiology and Immunology - Georgetown University School of
Postdoctoral Candidate, Department of Microbiology and Immunology - Georgetown University School of Medicine
Georgetown University School of Medicine (GUMC), located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Postdoctoral Candidate for a postdoctoral fellowship will study the mechanisms of HIV-driven immune activation and inflammation/coagulation in patients with HIV infection. Projects will involve using a murine animal model of infection with a strong translational component. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Handling and injection of mice, purification of white blood cells from human blood, primary cell culture.
- Performance of in vitro mouse and human T cell function assays.
- Performance of general molecular biology techniques.
- Performs specialized techniques such as confocal microscopy.
- Ph.D. and/or M.D. in the Biological Sciences or related field
- Strong immunology background as well as significant experience in molecular/cellular immunology and animal models
- Strong foundation in cellular immunology and prior experience working with mouse models of viral infection.
- High familiarity in performing cell populations characterization of mice and human cells by flow cytometry and high-throughput screening tools
- Willingness to work under Biohazard Level 2 Safety conditions with HIV-1.
- Willingness to learn and implement new technologies
Applicants should upload curriculum vitae and a letter that includes a summary of current and future research interests, expected availability date, a description of past research experience and accomplishments, and 3 references.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.