Special Assistant for Campaign Operations, Prospect Management and Analytics - Office of Advancemen
Special Assistant for Campaign Operations, Prospect Management and Analytics - Office of Advancement
The Special Assistant for Campaign Operations, Prospect Management and Analytics provides high-level strategic and day-to- day administrative support to the Associate Vice President (AVP), Campaign Operations, Prospect Management and Analytics within the Office of Advancement at Georgetown University. The Special Assistant coordinates activities with advancement & university leadership, front-line fundraisers and the campaign operations team. S/he provides administrative support such as: meeting minutes and summaries, scheduling, travel arrangements, filing and material management, maintaining donor information through advancement database.
Prospect Management is a system that manages the process of cultivation and solicitation of major prospects. The program monitors the strategies and initiatives of the university's fundraising objectives to maximize positive solicitation outcomes. The Special Assistant also serves as the prospect management assistant, responsible for providing prospect management support for fundraising and donor relations activities. S/he creates prospective donor profiles for meeting discussions, provides customer service, ensures the integrity of data, guides workflows, and documents policies and procedures. Duties include but are not limited to:
Direct Support of AVP Campaign Operations
- Assists the AVP with myriad projects - for example, university goal alignment, campaign planning timeline and strategy, and campaign reports, and other projects - and by researching, organizing multiple items of information, ensuring information accuracy, creating spreadsheets, presentations, and reports; and meeting all deadlines.
- Manages AVP's meeting, appointment, and activity calendar, and ensures that s/he is prepared; produces agendas and meeting materials; and handles any follow ups as needed.
- Handles the hiring process for all direct report positions to the AVP - ensuring all university guidelines are met and working with each direct report to ensure their hiring processes are in adherence to university guidelines - and manages the exit process for each departing employee.
- Ensures all expense reimbursements presented to the AVP for approval are correct and allowable.
- Monitors AVP's operations budget and keeps him/her abreast of any major updates.
- Provides administrative support - for example, writing, editing and preparing correspondence, reports, agendas and briefings; scheduling conference calls; attending meetings (when necessary); manipulating spreadsheets; creating PowerPoints; and word processing, copying, distributing, and organizing information flow.
- Assists as needed with travel arrangements and expense reports
Prospect Management Assistance
- Documents Prospect Management processes and procedures.
- Distributes reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, working with Analytics staff to realize information management and reporting objectives.
- Maintains proficiency on prospect management/strategic progress policies and best practices.
- Provides timely response to requests for assistance from development officers and other fundraising stakeholders.
- Works closely with management and front-line fundraisers to adhere to standards and correct inaccuracies.
- Reviews prospect tracking records, contact reports, and tasks for accuracy, quality and substance.
- Partners with prospect management director to ensure pipeline is managed effectively.
- Leads or provides support for special projects for the Campaign Operations team and the Associate Vice President.
- Serves in leadership or supporting roles on various advancement initiatives and events.
- Provides back-up support for donor engagement events and volunteer meetings.
- Writes and researches tasks, including drafting memos, performing research for presentations and projects, and evaluating data.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 3 years of proven experience, preferably in a highly visible setting and working with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage programs, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and in an organized manner, and work effectively with a broad range of constituents
- Ability to conduct research, assimilate data, and communicate effectively
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle complex information, prioritize it, organize it, communicate as appropriate, and, above all, follow each thread through to ensure that there is a resolution to each situation
- Flexibility, efficiency, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines for a wide variety of assignments, and resolve issues
- A team player who also works well independently to both initiate and complete projects, and with the ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise tact, careful judgment and discretion
- Seasoned, effective leader in matters relating to the overall mission and strategic plan in University Advancement
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.