Technical Writer - 1101
6 days left
- Full Time
The MIL Corporation seeks a Technical Writer to support a Federal Government client at our Charleston, SC 29405 location. As a member of the Systems Development and Maintenance team, the Technical Writer will assist in documenting technical manuals for use within the team and the organization.
• Research, write, update, and maintain detailed technical installation and user guides, work instructions, computer-based training lessons (CBTs), and other memoranda in support of the IT staff
• Track documentation change requests in a web-based tracking system
• Manage configurations of documentation in a digital storage system
• Contribute to overall project documentation in accordance with team and company processes
• Assist with other projects on an as-needed basis
• Bachelor's in English, Communications or a related field; candidates who possess a degree other than those listed, must possess 1 year of experience developing technical documents
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Very good working knowledge of English grammar
• Ability to translate technical information into plain language for audiences of all backgrounds
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• 1 year of experience developing technical guides for an IT audience
• Knowledge of Federal IT policies, practices, operations, and procedures
• Prior experience supporting Software Development Life Cycles
• Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Captivate, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Robohelp
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Technical Writer - 1101
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly