System Analyst/Jr. Configuration Management Specialist - 1096
The MIL Corporation seeks a System Analyst/Jr. Configuration Management Specialist to support a Federal Government client at our Sterling, Virginia location. There are multiple openings for this position; therefore, no one person will be responsible for all responsibilities at any given time.
• Help guide engineering, software development and other teams through approved change and configuration management processes
• Track, control, audit, and report on IT configuration changes and related activities
• Help manage master inventory of systems, applications, releases, images and media library, including fulfilling shipment work orders as applicable
• Help maintain Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
• Support metrics and reporting
• Create and monitor tickets for team tasks, using BMC Remedy
• Assist in developing and maintaining CM processes, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and other documents
• Support and train end users on approved CM policies, procedures and activities
• Other related tasks as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field preferred, but other relevant degrees will also be considered; experience can be substituted for degree
• 1 year experience preferred, in a job requiring detail-oriented and meticulous focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service oriented self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented with good organizational skills
• Quick learner with very good research and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Proficient in MS Office and possess aptitude for learning new software packages as needed
• Active Secret clearance
• Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM
All applicants for this position must possess an active Secret clearance.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.