System Analyst/Configuration Management Specialist - 1072
The MIL Corporation seeks a System Analyst/Configuration Management Specialist to support a Federal Government client at our Sterling, Virginia location. The System Analyst/Configuration Management Specialist will perform standard Configuration Management (CM) functions for software development (DevSW) and deployment.
• Perform Planning, Configuration Identification, Status Accounting, Configuration Control and Audits
• Interpret, implement and enforce requirements of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and supporting policies/procedures
• Support both waterfall and Agile/SAFe (Structured Agile Framework) SDLC processes
• Coordinate, facilitate and participate in Change Control Boards (CCBs)
• Assure software baseline integrity through audits and maintenance of Configuration Management Database
• Lead efforts with tracking and resolving issues and problems related to process, tools and software baseline management
• Track, control and report on changes, including preparing management presentations
• Support and train end users on approved CM policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain CM processes, plans, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and other documents
• Other related tasks as assigned
• Bachelor's degree
• 4 years of relevant experience supporting CM and software development
• Solid relevant experience in enterprise Configuration and Change Management, of custom developed software
• Experience using CM tools such as IBM Rational, BMC Remedy, SharePoint, etc.
• Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and Application Lifecycle Management tools
• Experience documenting and providing training on processes, work instructions, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service oriented self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills
• Very good ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, maintaining a high degree of accuracy
• Active Secret clearance
• ITIL certification
• CM certification
• Experience with IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) and related suite of tools
All applicants for this position must possess an active Secret clearance.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.