We are currently seeking a Procurement Analyst for our Federal Government programs. Requires the ability to evaluate quotations, liaise with our Logistics and other applicable departments to ensure that quality parts are procured in a compliant, efficient manner at a reasonable price. You must be able to successfully negotiate pricing, assist in optimizing the supplier base, build foundations for future supplier relationships, and perform effective sourcing.
Ultimately you will lead the efforts of supporting projects and managing the procurement of commercial off-the-shelf materials, rental equipment, commercial construction services and other firm fixed price (FFP) items at a fair and reasonable price and in accordance with the Associates policies and procedures.
The Procurement Analyst shall fill in a purchase award summary report for approval prior to issuance of any purchase orders exceeding the micro-purchase threshold. The Procurement Analyst will manage the PO implementation of maintenance issues and changes. Generate, distribute, and process purchase orders. Work with Accounting and Project Control to process invoices. Resolve vendor inquiries regarding outstanding payments. Other duties include:
- Sending out request for quotes (RFQs) in accordance with policies and procedures
- Negotiating and resolving issues with suppliers
- Ensures purchases are from approved vendors where applicable
- Negotiate terms and conditions, price, lead times, etc. and issues purchase orders
- Maintains accurate records of all correspondence, agreements, and/or commitments between company and suppliers and ensure procurement files contain all documentation required by policy and FAR/DCMA guidance
- Ensures that written quotes for all parts are on file and up to date
- Mentor more junior buyers and assist in reviewing their work
- Receive, review, and process technology-related purchase requests for the entire company.
- Prioritize purchase requests
- Recognize and escalate requests and issues appropriately
- Keep detailed records of purchases and corresponding issues within the Procurement Repository in SharePoint
- Collaborate with members of the Purchasing team and provide input for process improvements
The Procurement Analyst should possess a BS/BA degree, along with four-plus years working experience in procurement and planning. Federal and Department of Defense experience is preferred. Most importantly, you should have hands-on experience and understanding of the procurement function. A thorough knowledge of the FAR as it relates to purchasing on Government contracts is expected.
- BS/BA Degree (you can substitute the BS/BA degree with an additional 4 years of relevant buying/purchasing/procurement experience)
- 4+ years of experience in buying/purchasing/procurement
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to interface with all levels of functional offices at to accomplish projects for the program office
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Work well on a team as well as independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Time management and the ability to work independently with deadline pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to provide superb customer service to end users
- Sound judgment with assertiveness and the ability to negotiate
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, email, MS Excel, browsers and web applications
- Basic knowledge of computer components
- Vendor relationship management
- The ability to understand the best deal for the company along with a thorough understanding of business constraints and budgets