Senior Ruby Developer (Software Engineer V )
Location: Bethesda, MD
Temp to Perm
Responsible for upgrading, deploying and supporting operations of applications for the Agile Technology Sector. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to,deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Build next-generation systems that make a difference to our clients and better serve the American public.
- Provide technical leadership to the development team, including definition of tasks for other team members.
- Define best practices for architecture, development, testing and deployment of Ruby solutions.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, math, engineering or other technical field.
- 10 years of software development experience.
- 7 years of experience writing Ruby code (versions 1.8.7 through 2.1) for Rails versions 2, 3, and 4.
- 3 years of experience upgrading Rails-based apps from Rails 2 to Rails 4.
- Familiarity with MVC, Active Record and other design patterns.
- Understanding of RESTful architecture.
- Familiarity with ORMs and the use of mocking frameworks in unit & integration testing.
- Understanding of source code control tools.
- Prior working experience developing systems in Rails with high availability requirements.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, math, engineering or other technical field.
- Previous experience as a development team leader.
- Understanding of SOLID principles of object-oriented programming and design.
- Experience working with ExtJS (version 3.x).
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Experience with Rails in a cloud environment, such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure