Location: NW, Washington, D.C.
3 month rollover to client
Software Engineer III who is passionate about shipping code, you will develop software solutions using open source technologies as part of a team of developers and engineers working in an Agile environment. You will be part of a team responsible for developing applications to support mission-critical functions for a Federal agency.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Write quality code with a goal of 0 defects and 100% code coverage.
- Design and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specification and development schedules.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work with other developers and systems engineers to solve critical problems and identify efficiencies in implementing technical and functional requirements and tasks.
- Work closely with product owner, stakeholders, business analysts, and team members to understand product specifics and to create quality code.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle.
- Execute automated testing on both front-end and back-end systems.
- US Citizen required
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related, equivalent experience.
- 6 years of experience with multiple software programming technologies including J2EE with Spring and Hibernate.
- 4 years of experience analyzing, designing and implementing integration solutions with increasing responsibilities.
- 2 years of related development experience in Agile team environment.
- Experience working closely with product owners, stakeholders, and project managers.
- Strong innovative and analytical ability with implementation experience as a results-oriented, collaborative self-starter who can contribute to a development team.
Pluses- Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related, equivalent experience.
- Experience working on software development contracts for the Federal government.
- Experience with a wide variety of tools and techniques such as Activiti, JUnit, Gradle, Maven, Nexus, MuleSoft, Selenium, Drools, Sonar, Fortify, Cucumber.
- Experience with modern software engineering practices including BDD, continuous integration, continuous deployment, TDD, pair programming, unit testing, refactoring, emergent design, automated builds.
- Experience with database such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL.
- Experience with DevOps to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration with tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Liquibase, Git.
- Testing experience with Functional Testing, Security, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.