AboutWeb is currently seeking a LAN Administrator who will help manage Microsoft servers, desktop systems, or similar computer networks, with over 200 workstations, 150 servers, and 60 mobile devices.
Incumbent will perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, remediation and training tasks to enable users and customers to maximize productivity. He/she will enforce security procedures and assists in the planning and development of network resources. Incumbent must coordinate all local area network (LAN) activities. Manages and coordinates support for external organizations that IT services are being provided for.
- The successful candidate will typically have a bachelor's degree in a computer-related field.
- 5+ years of related experience of which three (3) must be with specialized experience. Specialized experience includes protocol analysis, knowledge of OSI protocols particularly TCP/IP.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent is a must.
- General experience includes all aspects of communication networks planning, system security, installation, and support.
- Incumbent must be proficient in the following technologies and demonstrate proficiency with minimal oversight.
- Work must be implemented with established guidelines and with the input and approval of the VP of Information Technology and Project Delivery. Active Directory, malware protection and prevention, basic networking, Microsoft Office, FTP, SQL, Exchange, IIS, SSL, and general email technology, Hewlett Packard Hardware and Insight Manager, SharePoint Server, and NetApp storage.
- Ability to acquire or demonstrate proficiency with minimal oversight on the following technologies is preferred: Threat Management Gateway (TMG), image deployment (Ghost, WDS, etc.), MAS500, Networker, MDM, Websense, MDM, and Microsoft Ecommerce technology (BizTalk, e-Commerce, etc