AboutWeb is currently seeking a Network Engineer responsible for designing, developing, implementing, securing, and maintaining communication networks within the corporate and enterprise environments. This position ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for customers and staff.
Additional responsibilities include network monitoring/analysis, network security, project management, and documentation as it relates to the network environment. These duties will be accomplished by directing and coordinating activities personally or through other staff in a 24X7 environment.
- The successful candidate will typically have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in an IP-based enterprise network environment as a network engineer or architect.
- Expert knowledge of routing, switching, and 10G fiber optic/Ethernet cabling is required.
- Have a solid understanding of the Internet, Ethernet and be skilled at both troubleshooting and triage.
- Broad experience with network monitoring equipment, traffic flow analysis, network security, performance tuning and fault tolerance architectures.
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred: Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, HP Procurve switches, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 LTM and GTM, Dell SonicWall VPN, Cisco Wireless LAN Controller, RSA Secure ID, APC power and cooling, Cisco IOS and NX-OS
- . Also experience with upgrading code on network devices such as Cisco Switches and routers a must.
- A strong understanding of Networking OSI Model is required.
- Solid knowledge of network and security concepts, best practices, and technologies including IPSec, SSL, DNS, DHCP, routing and switch, IPAM, NAT, etc. is needed.
- Proficiency in Visio diagram software required.
- Experience with Layer 2 switching, VLAN's trunking technologies, Aggregation (LACP, PAGP, VPC, MEC; VTP; and STP, (R)PVST(+), MST.
- Experience with wireless network services and protocol is required. Must have experience with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and metric based reporting.