Senior Software Engineer
Location: Springfield, VA
Clearance: TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred)
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support of a government agency at the client site inSpringfield, VA.
- Derive requirements, design, develop, and implement applications using Java, C, C++, and Python.
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance (Poly preferred not required)
- Education and Experience Requirement is either: (a) Master's Degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science) plus 9+ years of relevant work experience; or, (b) Bachelor's Degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science) plus 12+ years of relevant work experience; or, (c) AA or no degree with 19+ years of relevant experience
- Be able to administer Tomcat and Apache. Be able to effectively communicate technically with both co-workers and stakeholders including agency management and senior researchers.
- Be able to take abstract starting ideas and, while interacting with the customer, design, develop, and field working prototypes of these ideas.
- Must be able to work independently and to give guidance to less senior developers.
- Must be experienced in Linux both as a developer and an administrator.
- Must be proficient with JavaEE Web development including JAX-RS.
- Must be proficient in relational database design and development, including JDBC connecting to Oracle.
- Domain knowledge of overhead imaging systems is also required.
- Some knowledge of Amazon Web Services is helpful.
- Experience with version control systems, including Github or Gitlab is preferred
- Experience with developing solutions, integrating, extending, and contributing to Open-Source Software
- Experience with online big data stores such as Accumulo, HBase is a plus
- Experience with deploying applications in a Hadoop environment is a plus
- Prefer experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other systems engineers, network engineers, and developers
- Demonstrates client interfacing skills to include good communication and organizational skills
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- 20 days paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Rx (Company pays 75% premium and 100% in-network deductibles)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Individually focused training paths
- Gym access or allowance (per location)
- Snacks and drinks at HQ, happy hours, annual picnic/parties, plus much more!
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED