Senior Software Engineer (R&D)
Location: Springfield, VA
Clearance: TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred)
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to provide complex Java software solutions related to Overhead Persistent Infrared Research and Development (R&D), in support of a government agency at the client site in Springfield, VA.
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
- Work with an Agile software development team utilizing the Scrum methodology to mature bleeding edge software capabilities.
- Perform tool and algorithm development, to include rapid prototyping.
- Support requests to simulate satellite utilization for tasking & collection scenarios in order to achieve better performance on timing and area requests.
- Provide after-event analysis to improve algorithms for future tasking and collection.
- Engage in technical planning meetings, prepare technical briefings and provide technical Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to help clients make informed technical decisions.
- Review satellite interface specifications and provide data integration plans.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance (Poly preferred not required)
- Education and Experience Requirement is either: (a) Master's Degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science) plus 9+ years of relevant work experience; or, (b) Bachelor's Degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science) plus 12+ years of relevant work experience; or, (c) AA or no degree with 19+ years of relevant experience
- 9+ yrs experience developing Object-Oriented Java Web Services/Applications
- Experience building RESTful service endpoints for a variety of clients and protocols (Must understand how to trace and resolve cross-origin issues related to browser and server security)
- 3+ yrs experience with Spring Model-View-Controller (MVC)
- 1+ yrs experience with Angular JS, jQuery, HTML, and CSS
- Experience with NOSQL DBs, including MongoDB.
- Experience with implementing Secure Socket Layer (SSL) solutions
- Experience with implementing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) solutions
- Knowledge of Doman-Driven and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with Javadoc and markdown language for simplistic documentation of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Knowledge of tomcat, jBoss or WebLogic
- Experience with Algorithm development using scientific or mathematical tools and languages/libraries (i.e. R, Python, SciPy).
- Prefer experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other systems engineers, network engineers, and developers
- Demonstrates client interfacing skills to include good communication and organizational skills
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- 20 days paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Rx (Company pays 75% premium and 100% in-network deductibles)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Individually focused training paths
- Gym access or allowance (per location)
- Snacks and drinks at HQ, happy hours, annual picnic/parties, plus much more!