Sr. Windows System Admin
Sr Windows Systems Administrator
The position will support server Operating Systems to include Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012 R2 and work with Windows Administration teams to resolve server issues (disk space, event viewer errors, nightly backups, etc.) Familiarity with scripting technologies such as VB and/or Powershell is strongly desired. The candidate will also work closely with network, application, and middleware teams to support Windows based product installations, customizations, and deployments. The candidate will provide Windows support including software updates and upgrades, backup and recovery, performance management and capacity planning for the Windows environment. Experience in technology upgrades (hardware and software) is required.
Familiarity with Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, MaaS360, ProofPoint on Windows based networks is required to support all e-mail communication systems for USAID. The position will include providing Messaging administration support utilizing the ServiceNow ticketing and change management application. Support modifications and configuration changes to Netapp SnapManager and SnapDrive, perform corrupt data removal, provide support for spam, malicious emails, and IPLock settings, support mobile devices, and administer server support for Exchange servers as needed.
The work will be performed out of the client's facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC. Opportunities for telework are available.
Required Skills - in order of importance with years of experience needed
Position requires 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare) required.
- Managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Maintain current messaging systems to include migration of current messaging systems to Google Apps/GMAIL systems
- Manage and maintain USAID's Microsoft enterprise services such as Active Directory, Windows Servers and additional messaging products (Good Messaging, Maas360, Mail Security Appliances - IronPort, ProofPoint, VMware Technologies and current Google Apps products)
- Managing and maintaining Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, MaaS360, ProofPoint on Windows based virtual/physical servers.
- Recommend cost efficiencies where possible and adhere to chosen Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Support USAID in interfacing with current messaging archiving (Symantec E-vault)
- Building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments
- Experience with Enterprise Backup software (NetBackup, BackupExec)
- Harden Windows operating systems to STIG compliance
- Experience with large scale datacenter operations
Position requires 2 -3 years of experience with the following:
- Experience utilizing VB/Powershell to automate common functions
- Experience with NTP Quota File Sentinel and Quota File Reporter
- Experience supporting Citrix XenApp 6.5 and VDI solutions
- Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments
Preferred Skills - with years of experience needed
The candidate must be able to gather requirements and help architect, plan and implement system solutions for a Windows platform to meet customer requirements. Experience with web servers, databases, networks, new installations, migrations, and security scanning tools is required. Off-shift coverage will be required for on-call support of systems and maintenance work in supported change windows. The ability to write shell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus. Candidate must have experience in development of implementation guides based on NIST 800-53 moderate and high impact baselines and also must have Federal customer experience and be able to obtain federal Secret level security clearance, if needed. To be successful in this position, the candidate must also display excellent teamwork skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills.
Provide primary job duties:
Job Duty 1 (25%) - Work on engineering projects to design, build and deploy operational support tools.
Job Duty 2 (50%) - Daily operations of Window Servers supporting Operation tools such as MS Active Directory, DNS, SSO, and GPOs
Job Duty 3 (20%) - Develop automated/scripted procedures for commonly executed tasks.
Job Duty 4 (5%) - Develop, maintain, and support operational documentation.
Work Location - City, State,
Pay travel and lodging Y/N
(External, Internal, B&P)
Sector Owning Contract
Certifications: note required or preferred (CCNA, CCNP, CISA, CISSP, CISM)
Preferred Certifications are as follows:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
Language required if not English:
US Citizenship Required?
If No what status will project accept (Perm Res, EAD, etc)
Is position PM of Record?
If Yes, EDM/PDF, etc required
Total Contract Value (TCV)
Travel Expected for All Project Work:
Security Clearance -Type (Specific if need Day 1 to start)
Clearable To (Specify)