Resident Counselor III
This position will provide assistance to the Montgomery County referred homeless/disabled individuals/families in the form of case management and linkages with available community resources for furnishing, moving costs, security deposits, application fees, ect. Will assist participants with lease arrangements and requirements for lease compliance; perform general unit inspections and develop a service plan based on an initial and periodic needs assessment. Liaisons with local landlords and County Housing Initiative Program (HIP) administrators. Will serve as team member of the Housing Services Unit and works cooperatively in meeting unit goals. Will maintain timely and accurate client files, inputs information in HOC database, and prepares monthly reports on activities conducted and participant status.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field (MSW preferred)
- Minimum of three years experience with Social Work or Counseling
- Must have the ability to relate well to people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Must possess excellent assessment, oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have good computer skills (Word & Excel).
- Must have working knowledge of community resources.
- Career counseling experience desired.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must have own transportation.